Welcome to Ohio.gov

Skip Navigation

Please Note: You are viewing the non-styled version of Ohio.gov. Either your browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) or it is disabled. We suggest upgrading your browser to the latest version of your favorite Internet browser.


Ohio Department of Agriculture | Licensing

   Choose an ODA Division from the drop-down list to filter on licensing requirements for that Division. Amusement Ride Safety Homepage    


Licensing Requirements for Amusement Ride Safety

Type of License: Amusement Ride Company

Who Needs This License? An amusement ride or device, aquatic device, or a combination of devices that carries or conveys passengers on, along, around, over, or through a fixed restricted course within a defined area for the purpose of giving its passengers amusement pleasure, or excitement. "Amusement Ride" includes carnival rides, bungee jumping, inflatable rides, climbing walls and fair rides.

Licensing Period: Annual (calendar year)

Annual Fee: Permit: $150.00
Annual Inspection fee
Roller Coasters $1200.00
Aerial Lifts or Bungee Jumping Facilities:
Go Karts:
Other Rides:

Additional Fees May apply in accordance with section 1711.53(E)(1) of O.A.C.

Requirements: Application, Proof of Insurance, Itinerary and proper forms for operators daily inspections.

Forms Needed: Request for Inspection
Permit Application
Proof of Insurance
Itinerary and proper forms for operators daily inspections
Forms are available online

Submit to: Ohio Dept. of Agriculture
Amusement Ride Safety
8995 East Main Street
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
Phone: (614) 728-6280
Email: ridesafety@agri.ohio.gov